Integrative Therapeutics Inc.
D-Limonene - 10 Softgel Capsule
Provides every day relief of occasional heartburn and enhances immune defenses - 10 Softgel Capsule
relief of occasional heartburn
Provides every day relief of occasional heartburn and enhances immune defenses.†
Why use an orange peel extract to battle occasional heartburn?
Because it works with the body - not against it.†
Unlike many traditional products, a clinically-studied orange peel extract will not reduce mineral absorption, inhibit protein digestion, or shut down acid production. It actually works with your body's natural digestive processes.†
Why use D-Limonene?
It delivers relief from occasional heartburn, acid indigestion, and upset stomach.†
Its key ingredient, orange peel extract (ROH10®), provides lasting relief of occasional heartburn for up to six months or more - without shutting down the production of stomach acid.† Patent pending.
It enhances immune system defenses.†
D-Limonene also plays an essential role in immune system health.† Through its involvement in DNA synthesis and repair and the regulation of cellular proliferation, D-Limonene provides gastroprotective effects, especially when combined with other immune therapies.†
Adult (18 and older) Dosage: Upon first experiencing symptoms, take one softgel capsule every other day for 20 days, and one softgel capsule as needed for occasional relief thereafter.
Best if taken one-half hour before or one hour after meals, with water or your favorite beverage. Do not bite or open capsule, swallow whole.
When taken in combination with other immune therapies, consult your healthcare practitioner for recommended dosage.
Interactions and Depletions
|Supplement Facts / Ingredients|
Orange (Citrus sinensis) Peel Extract standardized to contain 98.5% d-limonene
This product does not contain
- artificial coloring
- artificial flavoring
- dairy products
This product contains natural ingredients; color variations are normal.
Notes Store in a cool, dry location.
This product has a tamper-evident blister sheet. Do not use if foil or plastic is punctured!
Other Ingredients: gelatin and vegetable glycerin.
UPC Codes: 871791004238
D-Limonene is a dietary supplement to relieve occasional acid indigestion and upset stomach.1 Its all-natural key ingredient has been clinically shown to provide lasting relief for occasional heartburn.1 D-Limonene does not interfere with protein digestion or mineral absorption, and does not shut down acid production or adversely affect acid-producing cells.1 D-Limonene has an additional benefit of supporting immune defenses.2
Features of D-Limonene
- Pure, pharmaceutical grade orange peel extract “ over 98.5% D-limonene
- Lasting relief of occasional heartburn for up to six months or longer16
- Exclusive formula, patented (US Patent #6,420,435) for the relief of occasional heartburn1
It is estimated that at least 20 percent of the United States population experiences symptoms of occasional heartburn.3 Total sales of non-prescription products for gastrointestinal support total over $2 billion dollars annually.4
The most commonly experienced symptoms of occasional heartburn include:
- An occasional burning sensation in the chest, just behind the breastbone (usually after eating)
- Occasional hot, sour, or acidic fluid in the back of the throat
- Bloated feeling; belching5
D-Limonene contains D-limonene, a compound shown in clinical trials to relieve occasional heartburn, acid indigestion, and upset stomach for up to six months or longer.16
How Does It Work?
The orange peel extract used in D-Limonene is standardized to contain a minimum of 98.5 percent D-limonene. D-limonene is a phytochemical (monoterpene) naturally occurring in citrus and a wide variety of other plant species.6
Immune Health Support
Many studies have examined the benefits of D-limonene in supporting immune system function.7,8,9 D-limonene has been shown in animal models to induce the action of Phase I and Phase II liver enzymes, promoting increased clearance of toxins.6,10 Through its involvement in DNA synthesis and repair and the regulation of cellular proliferation, D-limonene has been shown to support the health of breast, gastric, lung, prostatic, colon, pancreatic, and liver tissue.7,10,11,12,13,14,15 D-limonene and its gastro-protective effects may be experienced when used in conjunction with other immune therapies.1,16
Relief of Occasional Heartburn
D-limonene's mechanism of action for relief of occasional heartburn is less well understood.16 It is theorized that D-limonene, being lighter than water (having a specific gravity <1.0) floats on the surface of the gastric juices.16 As the stomach contents empty into the intestinal tract, it coats and protects the stomach lining, minimizing contact with acidic stomach juices.16 As foods are digested they can create a śfoamť in the stomach. D-limonene may be acting to decrease production of this foam and increase the density of the stomach contents, making it easier for the stomach contents to empty into the small intestine and less likely to occasionally flow back up into the esophagus.16
D-Limonene is effective in relieving occasional heartburn and acid indigestion.16 In a clinical setting, participants were asked to take one 1000 mg capsule of D-Limonene every day or every other day. About 32 percent of participants achieved relief as early as day 2 of their regimen, with a gradual increase in percentage to 92 percent of participants achieving relief by day 14.16
In a double blind placebo controlled study, participants were randomized to an every day or every other day regimen, with half the participants taking D-Limonene and the other half taking a placebo capsule of soy bean oil. The percentage of participants who reported relief of occasional heartburn was much higher in the group receiving D-Limonene (83 percent) than that in the placebo group (30 percent).16 A follow-up survey of participants in the D-Limonene group found that half reported no recurrence of their occasional heartburn symptoms for six months or more.16
Clinically tested, purified D-limonene from orange peel extract can provide lasting relief of occasional heartburn and indigestion for up to six months or more.16 In addition, it also promotes immune health via support of healthy cell life cycles and development.17
Adult (18 and older): Occasional heartburn and indigestion: Upon first experiencing symptoms, take one softgel capsule every other day for 20 days, and one softgel capsule as needed for occasional relief thereafter. Best if taken one-half hour before or one hour after meals, with water or your favorite beverage. Do not bite or open capsule, swallow whole.
Immune health: Take as directed by your physician.
Warnings: Do not use if you have, or suspect you have an ulcer; or if pregnant or nursing. If taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
How Is It Supplied?
- 79110; 10 softgel capsules per box
Store at controlled room temperature, 59° to 86°F (15° “ 30°C).
1. Wilkins JS. Method of treating gastrointestinal disorders. United States Patent number 6,420,435. July 12, 2002.
2. Raphael TJ, Kuttan G. Immunomodulatory activity of naturally occurring monoterpenes carvone, limonene, and perillic acid. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2003 May;25(2):285-94.
3. National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/statistics/statistics.htm . Accessed on December 5, 2007
4. Prevacid to go OTC. Pharmacy Times. February, 2006. Available at http://www.pharmacytimes.com/issues/articles/2006-02_3054.asp. Accessed on December 5, 2007.
5. Learn about heartburn. Available at http://www.wholehealthmd.com. Accessed on December 17, 2007.
6. Chow HH, Salazar D, Hakim IA. Pharmacokinetics of perillic acid in humans after a single dose administration of a citrus preparation rich in d-limonene content. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2002;11(11):1472-6.
7. Vigushin DM, Poon GK, Boddy A, et al. Phase I and pharmacokinetic study of D-limonene in patients with advanced cancer. Cancer Research Campaign Phase I/II Clinical Trials Committee. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 1998;42(2):111-7.
8. Poon GK, Vigushin D, Griggs LJ, Rowlands MG, Coombes RC, Jarman M. Identification and characterization of limonene metabolites in patients with advanced cancer by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry. Drug Metab Dispos. 1996;24(5):565-71.
9. Crowell PL, Elson CE, Bailey HH, Elegbede A, Haag JD, Gould MN. Human metabolism of the experimental cancer therapeutic agent d-limonene. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 1994;35(1):31-7.
10. Crowell PL. Monoterpenes in breast cancer chemoprevention. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 1997;46(2-3):191-7.
11. Parija T, Das BR. Involvement of YY1 and its correlation with c-myc in NDEA induced hepatocarcinogenesis, its prevention by d-limonene. Mol Biol Rep. 2003;30(1):41-6.
12. Lu XG, Zhan LB, Feng BA, Qu MY, Yu LH, Xie JH. Inhibition of growth and metastasis of human gastric cancer implanted in nude mice by d-limonene. World J Gastroenterol. 2004 Jul 15;10(14):2140-4.
13. Kawamori T, Tanaka T, Hirose Y, Ohnishi M, Mori H. Inhibitory effects of d-limonene on the development of colonic aberrant crypt foci induced by asoxymethane in F344 rats. Carcinogenesis. 1996 Feb;17(2):369-72.
14. El-Bayoumy K, Upadhyaya P, Desai DH, Amin S, Hoffmann D, Wynder EL. Effects of 1,4-phenylenebis(methylene)selenocyanate, phenethyl isothiocyanate, indole-3-carbinol, and d-limonene individually and in combination on the tumorigenicity of the tobacco-specific nitrosamine 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone in A/J mouse lung. Anticancer Res. 1996 Sept-Oct;16(5A):2709-12.
15. Crowell PL, Siar Ayoubi A, Burke YD. Antitumorigenic effects of limonene and perillyl alcohol against pancreatic and breast cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol. 1996;401:131-6.
16. Willette RC, Barrow L, Doster R, et al. Purified d-limonene: An effective agent for the relief of occasional symptoms of heartburn. Data unpublished. 2003.
17. Crowell PL, Gould MN. Chemoprevention and therapy of cancer by d-limonene. Crit Rev Oncog. 1994;5(1):1-22.
| This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.|
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent
to Check Price